About the Trinity University Humanities Collective
The Humanities Collective was founded by six Trinity humanities faculty members in 2016 and has been a member of the Consortium of Humanities Centers and Institutes since 2017. The Collective is also a member of the National Humanities Alliance.
To foster humanistic learning and enables meaningful action through programming that:
1) supports the scholarship of humanities faculty and students;
2) engages partners on campus and in the community to advance the public humanities; and
3) calls attention to the relevance of the humanities in contemporary society.
- Public Humanities Faculty Fellows
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
Humanities in Community
- Public lectures, events and related seminars
- Promotion of humanities events and opportunities at Trinity and in the community
Humanities in Practice
- Humanities Day (October)
- Recruitment of prospective humanities students
The Humanities Collective sends two to three newsletters per semester with relevant updates, opportunities and events. Notices for opportunities in the humanities are occasionally sent separately.