Urbach Research Group at Trinity University
Left to Right: Elena Boms ('19), Zoheb Hirani ('19), Cristina Kodadek ('20), Hayden Anderson ('20), Madeleine Gallagher ('19), Timothy Wheatley ('19), Hailey Taylor ('19), Dr. Adam Urbach, Emily Babcock ('19), and Carolyn Young ('17)
- Zoheb Hirani ('19) was selected as a 2018 Barry Goldwater Scholar. Congratulations Zoheb!!!
- Lois Warden ('21) joined the group. Welcome Lois!
- Hayden Anderson ('20) , Madeline Gallagher ('19), Cristina Kodadek ('20), and Hailey Taylor ('19) present their research at the American Chemical Society National Meeting in New Orleans.
Zoheb Hirani ('19) attended and gave a poster on his work on peptide recognition at the Gordon Research Symposium and Gordon Research Conference on the Chemistry and Biology of Peptides.
Pro. Lisa Ryno ('08), now at Oberlin College, was selected as a 2018 Cottrell Scholar by Reseach Corporation for Science Advancement. Congratulations!
- Caroline Tran ('19) joined the group. Welcome Caroline!
- Hailey Taylor ('19) gave a talk on her work on peptide recognition at the Gulf Coast Undergraduate Research Symposium at Rice University and won the award for Best Supramolecular Chemistry Presentation. Congratulations, Hailey!
- Will Skinner ('20) joined the group. Welcome Will!
- Dr. Keturah Odoi joined the group as a postdoc. Welcome Keturah!
- Awarded an R15 grant from the NIGMS to pursue supramolecular approaches to drug formulation!
- Awarded an MRI grant from the NSF, in collaboration with Profs. Christina Cooley, Laura Hunsicker-Wang, and Corina Maeder, to acquire an electrospray ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometer (ESI-TOF-MS) to support research and teaching activities at Trinity!
- Drs. Adam Urbach and Eric Masson (Ohio University) were selected to co-organize the 2019 International Conference on Cucurbiturils in Athens, Ohio.
- Carolyn Young returns to the group as lab manager for the summer.
- Amy Grice, William Mobley, Sara Vivatson, and Carolyn Young graduated from Trinity University.
- Zoheb Hirani, Emily Babcock, Elena Boms and Aamuktha Karla presented their work at the 253rd National Meeting of the American Chemical Society.
- Dr. Adam Urbach hosted the fifth Postdoc to PUI Professor (P3) workshop at Trinity University.
- Congratulations to Andrew, Lauren, Amy, Omar, Carolyn, William, Ashley, James, Brittany, Lyle, and Adam on the publication of "Cucurbituril–Tetramethylrhodamine Conjugate for Direct Sensing and Cellular Imaging" in the Journal of the American Chemical Society!
- Cristina Kodadek, Hayden Anderson, and Timothy Wheatley join the Urbach Lab.
- Andrew Bockus left the group to join the team at Circle Pharma, Inc.
- Hailey Taylor and Madeleine Gallagher join the Urbach Lab.