Mellon Initiative Information Sessions
Did you miss the Information Session about Arts and Humanities Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships with the Mellon Initiative?
We'd love to talk to you about our program! Let us know of your interest and we will put you on our email list to receive updates about the application process.
Our summer research program follows an apprenticeship model in which students work with faculty on research that the faculty is doing. Students should look into what faculty in your field of interest are doing and see if you might be part of their research this summer.
- The Mellon Initiative awards grants to faculty-student teams working on projects in the arts and humanities.
- Students must be graduating in December 2017 or later.
- Student stipend: up to $4,100
- Additional Resources: $1,300 for travel or supplies.
- Faculty mentors stipend: $1,750.
- The 2017 Mellon SURF application will be available by November and will be due in February.
- Trinity's 10-week summer research program offers many students the opportunity to conduct research full-time under the close mentorship of faculty.
- Students funded by the Mellon Initiative receive additional support to build collaboration and community among the Arts and Humanities researchers.
- At the culmination of the summer research program, students report on their findings in a research symposium.
Email Betty Curry, Program Assistant: email@example.com